1. I visit the site regularly throughout the year and bookmark pieces that I like, some I buy as when I come across pieces, but other items I don't buy straight away.
2. When the sale starts I check the bookmarks to see if the items have been included in the clearance.
3. I start looking at the clearance section by adjusting the order the items are displayed, I choose "Sort By Highest Discount". This brings the high end pieces with the most saving to the top of the list.
4. Then I look at specific designers that I like eg. Chloe, Micheal Kors.
5. As soon as I have 3 items in my basket I check out, even if I wish to buy more items. This is because even though items are in your basket they are not reserved for you, someone else can buy them. Another reason a regular checkout is good is because often the site crashes for a short period of time due to heavy use, especially on the first day.
There are six more days to go, have fun!