In true investment dressing style I thought about what I would be doing this year and chose the clothes according to what I anticipate I would wear most often and items I truly loved. I thought about the year rather than just the summer months, just because I may be travelling between the UK and USA and also in both countries the summer months don't always mean sun and warmth.
1. Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti Tile Print Shorts £180.00 UK, $297.00 USA. (my-wardrobe.com)
2. Tom Ford Cat Eye Sunglasses £259 UK, $427.35 USA. In Black or Brown. (my-wardrobe.com)
Couturenet also likes:
3. This VANESSA BRUNO ATHÉ BRODERIE ANGLAISE BIKER JACKET £354.00 UK, $584.10 USA (my-wardrobe.com). It really adds something special, by day wear casual and by night add the Dinny Hall Pendant shown. This detailed well made jacket is a nice upgrade from the DKNY WHITE CABLE KNIT 3/4 SLEEVE JUMPER £162.00 UK, $267.30 USA (my-wardrobe.com).
Extra buys that really make this versatile.
3. Raoul Taupe Janine Leather Shoulder Bag £330.00 UK, $544.50 USA. (my-wardrobe.com)
4. SEE BY CHLOÉ SHOES HERA CORK WEDGE METALLIC SANDAL £275.00 UK, $453.75 USA (my-wardrobe.com).
5. DINNY HALL SMALL GOLD VERMEIL TORO DOUBLE HOOP PENDANT NECKLACE £140.00. (liberty.co.uk)
And just for fun... If I was wearing this outfit to work I would definitely want one of these 70's Wild and Wolf Trim telephones £39.95 in Turquoise on my desk from Liberty (shipping worldwide). I also spotted this retro Lomography Diana Mini SLR Camera £50, small enough to fit in a handbag on holiday and stylish enough to have everyone asking where you got it from! In true retro style the Diana Cameras have a funcion for you to switch to old style square format photographs allowing for an incredible 72 photos on a standard 35mm film.
This outfit makes me feel like I could be stepping off a yacht somewhere in St Tropez! Head scarf optional!
So thats the clothes shopping list for me, I would love to hear about your favourite pieces from the original post and why you love the clothes, as well as where you would wear them. Please drop me a line.