Monday, December 24, 2012

Fashion Blog: Investment Piece... Chloe Classic Necktie Silk Crepe De Chine Blouse


A couple of years ago I was on the fence as the whether to buy a Chloe silk blouse with a slim self coloured tie neck detail in white. I viewed it quite a few times at NetAPorter.com, it was chic and sophisticated worn with a brown skinny belt. In the end I opted for a Zara imitation of this shirt in white silk at £39.99 (similar here).

Today the Zara shirt is still going strong in my wardrobe although the silk is a little lack lustre after quite a few "delicate machine washes" on the silk setting with Ecover Delicate. I had decided to replace this Zara piece this year, I have certainly had my moneys worth out of it it has been worn regularly.


I took delivery (very excitedly) of this Chloe Silk Blouse a couple of months ago, it looks great with the Rag and Bone NY wool city shorts I blogged about a few months ago teamed with some ankle boots (this trio is what I am wearing Christmas Eve with thermal opaque tights for some post flight Christmas cocktails). The Chloe Necktie silk crepe de chine blouse is available at NetAPorter.com £600 UK / USA $995.


The cut is a semi fitted design and the neck tie is not too bulky. It has pretty, but understated "diamondy" buttons on the cuffs and the sleeve fit is good.

A great investment piece that will be loved, worn and dry cleaned for amy years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...