Sunday, December 22, 2013

Time Out : Christmas Decor : Decorating The Tree & More Decorations

When Christmas is so close you can almost hear sleigh bells, the final week is filled with festive gatherings and the last few preparations here at Couturenet HQ - my rural home. This week is "especially special" (can you say that in good grammar?) in England as often on Christmas Eve or even Christmas Day I can be on a flight to somewhere snowy in the States for a week of cosy festivities ensconced away in the mountains.


One of the best parts of Christmas is putting up the decorations. There's something about filling the house with sparkly lights, candles, garlands, winter greenery and shiny gold that makes the darker evenings so much more cheery. I have just put the finishing touches to the tree. I have a faux tree for two reasons 1. I don't like the idea of chopping down trees, I want to see them growing in nature especially when skiing in the mountains and 2. I am often away for the main festive week or so.

I wanted to really saturate the tree with gold this year, I did this by hanging lots of different shaped gold baubles from virtually every bough. I contrasted the really modern and smooth baubles with Victorian style ornate shaped with sparkle. The red frilled garland is what I use in place of tinsel which I have never been keen on. It's more understated and the perfect background for the flame coloured lights and gold balls. The only other decoration is the collection of peppermint candy canes scattered around the tree which are super pretty and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...